Monday 7 December 2009

part 3 observation!!



OK so trying to find out as much about the lake and carp fishing as possible at coombe, before i start fishing Jan 1st..


Took a good walk around Sunday ,,,wet and windy so did not see much in the way of fish,, there was a few lads piking,,and loads of bird life ..think this will be a bit of a problem when it comes to my baiting.


having a good look around the lake ..i think the first area I'm going to target is in the first few swims you come too , by the car park end, there is a wall of reeds which basically ends the lake..there are a few reasons I'm going to fish here..


1 i think these reeds will defo hold carp in the winter i have found on other waters that reeds in the winter are a good spot and hold carp.


2 the reeds will act as a good marker for me ..so i can be very accurate with my bait ..its is not mega distance which will help to.


3 and best of all its very near to the car park..which means no walk,,more time fishing..LOL.




i have sorted my rigs ,,upgraded my rods and reels for a bit more distance ...


bait Wise I'm between two..both are very good over silt and proven winter baits ..i am going to be adding a bit of bait not as much as i will in spring but just a bit for them to get the taste..two rods will be on the chosen bait popped up or balanced ..and the 3rd on a high flavour high viz pop up.


news on the carp side ..there was a few 20s out a few weeks ago..to 27lb..




No comments:

Post a Comment